The church is located on the A37 Wells Road about a mile from the centre of Bristol. Look out for the bright red doors! If you’re passing through, visiting people in the area or thinking about moving into the neighbourhood, why not drop in on a Sunday service?
Our postal address is: Totterdown Baptist Church, Wells Road, BRISTOL BS4 2AX.
By Car from the centre of Bristol:
Totterdown Baptist Church is situated on the Wells Road in Totterdown. From North Bristol, or the central are, it’s easiest to get to as follows:
- Follow the signs to Temple Meads station.
- Continue past Temple Meads and head for Wells on the A37.
- About a third of a mile past Temple Meads, the Wells Road and Bath Road fork, make sure you are in the centre lane for the Wells Road.
- Follow the main road up the hill, you will pass the large red brick Holy Nativity Church on your left (with the green spire).
- Totterdown Baptist church is situated about 200 metres past this, on your left next to the pedestrian crossing.
You can either park in the side roads on the left or right of the Wells Road. It’s worth noting that if you have a larger car then parking on the streets on the opposite side to the church may be easier, as the streets on the church side are very narrow and parking can be scarce.
By public transport
You can catch bus numbers 2 or 92 to Totterdown from the centre of Bristol or Bristol Temple Meads station. Just ask to get off at the Brecknock Road stop outside the Co-op.
tbc is a short ride, mostly uphill and on a cycle lane, from Bristol Temple Meads. and we have two bike racks situated just past the red street level door on Sydenham Road. From the station entrance, turn left and follow the cycle lane towards Bath/Wells to the three lamps junction, then cross to the right fork to continue up the Wells Road.
How do I get in?
For Sunday morning services, we open the red doors on the Wells Road. If you arrive at tbc and all the doors appear to be shut, please ring the doorbell by the red street level door on Sydenham Road.