The building re-opened for physical Sunday morning services from Easter Sunday, 4th April.
The Government has placed churches in a privileged position and allow us to be open for select purposes, so it is important to respect the regulations and guidance that allows this. In particular:
- Do not mingle with anyone outside of your household or support bubble.
- Adhere to social distancing.
- Wear a face covering (unless exempt).
- Provide contact details for NHS Test and Trace.
- Leave promptly after the service, without mingling.
Even though we are able to meet together in person, we appreciate that for some – indeed possibly many – you may not feel comfortable attending a physical service at this time. We will be continuing with the Zoom and YouTube (and CD/DVD) provision alongside physical services. We will continue to follow the Government’s road map of easing lockdown restrictions, and are exploring how and when sessions should (and could) resume physical gatherings.
- Sunday morning services: You can join us in person at the church building, and we are continuing to stream through Zoom (contact us if you need the meeting link) and we have a separate pre-recorded service available afterwards on our public YouTube channel. DVDs/CDs are distributed for those without computers/internet.
- Junior Church: Meets virtually on alternate Sundays, after the main morning service.
- Youth Church: Weekly session material is produced for individuals/families.
- Youth Club: Meeting virtually fortnightly on Friday evenings.
- Girls’ Brigade: Meeting virtually weekly on Tuesday evenings.
- Totterdown Tots: Not currently meeting.
- Growth Groups: Meeting virtually on weekday evenings.
We also offer practical and pastoral support to the church family and wider community. This includes phone calls, helping with grocery shopping, picking up prescriptions etc.
Please contact us for further details about any of the above.
Our first aim is to be a family of people who love and serve God together in South Bristol. Our second aim is to help people in our community to know Jesus, because we’re passionate about him.
We do this by teaching about Jesus every week, but also by demonstrating his love in practical ways. We try to serve the community around us, we organise groups for young and old, and run courses for spiritual searchers.